FIGURE 5.14

James Williamsonís Filmmaking Complex

When he had completed the glass-enclosed studio glimpsed in the photo on the left, Williamson renamed his firm the Williamson Kinematographic Co., which maintained facilities for both film production and processing. The completed studio (right) was about 25 feet wide, 55 feet long, and 25 feet high to the roof ridge; the shooting area measured 40 feet in length. The property, in Hove, was purchased by G.A. Smith in 1910, when Williamson moved his operations to London to focus on the manufacture of cameras and printers.

Back to CHAPTER 5/Part 1